COVID-19 Information & Resources
We are providing access to information to
Lake Country residents about responses to the novel coronavirus across the province and the country.
• Please subscribe to or follow our News & Events page.
• Please visit the links below for information.
Prevention is key!
There’s currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
• Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
• Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
• Practice safe physical-distancing - 2 meters or 6 feet from everyone
• Stay home and self-isolate from others
• Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth
• Don't feel like you are alone - call LCHPS to arrange for friendly phone calls 778 215 5247
What are the symptoms of the COVID-19 infection?
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms have included:
• sore throat
• difficulty breathing
In severe cases, the infection can lead to death.
What should I do if I think I have the virus?
• If you require immediate medical attention, call 911 and mention your travel history and symptoms.
• For local Interior Health COVID-19 Updates
• Public Health Agency of Canada COVID-19 Information Line
BC Centre for Disease Control
Find information about COVID-19, how to protect yourself, your family and your community and what to do if you suspect you have the virus.
Non-medical information about COVID-19 is available 7:30am-8pm, 7 days a week
Information on this page was updated
March 27, 2020 10:45 am
Thank You to Our Partners